Pageviews last month

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Half Full or Half Empty?



Having a wonderful and relaxing Memorial Day weekend.  Today my husband and I invited 8 of our dear friends over for a BBQ. Great food, company and the weather was beautiful.

I've been thinking about how lucky I am lately.  Sure I have problems, who doesn't?  But I think it really depends upon how you "hold" those ideas.  Problems are really ideas, or a story we tell ourselves about reality.  I'm not happy about my mother's aging, dementia and the difficulties this presents for my life.  Nor am I happy about the knee replacement surgery I'm having later this month, on and on and on.

Ok, so what am I going to do about these things?  My choice is to enjoy the other aspects of my life, good food, my friends and family, my beautiful home and garden and my 2 wonderful dogs.

What does this have to do with nutrition, conscious eating and the other things I usually write about?  I think that remaining conscious of what's real and true is my life includes not just food, but all these other aspects of my life as well.  I can CHOOSE to look at my life as half empty, or half full.

I do have issues with my health that affect what I eat.  I can CHOOSE to be unhappy about this, or I can CHOOSE to eat in the way that's healthiest for me, and enjoy all the wonderful things I CAN eat.

Half Full!

4 comments:

Farida said...

Yes you are right! Who dosen't have problems ? yes we should think about the full part of the cup

Ellen Glovsky said...

Of course, I agree! I find that I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER when I live this way. This affects all of my life, and includes my attitude toward the food I eat.

Lose weight said...

With obesity predicted to affect more than 50 percent of the population in the next 40 years, the age of ‘fad diets’ and ‘quick weight loss’ has boomed to epic proportions. From the apple cider diet to the Quantum Wellness, to the 48 Hour Miracle diet, each of these weight loss programs all claim to promote immediate weight loss and increased vitality.
This is simply not correct. Fruits, veggies, whole grain, nut products, dried beans as well as oils, many include proteins. Meats in fact has high levels of sodium, fat and salt, particularly in red meat which is not so healthy due to its high levels of cholesterol. Whole grain, nuts, oils, and dried beans in fact onsist of more proteins than in meat products. Your own body requires at least 25 grams of protein per day ,so it is obvious you do not haveto eat only meat to obtain your day-to-day allowance.
lose weight

Andy Glenn said...

That has been my main problem so far...I realize im full when I'm 1,5 full :(