Pageviews last month


Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

What do I want to eat right now?

Sometimes knowing what I want to eat is very clear, and other times it seems mysterious.

Yesterday at Northeastern University where I teach, I was a little hungry and just wanted "something", perhaps something sweet, but not too filling. I hate the way I feel when I have too much high fat food, and this happens often with pastry, cookies, etc.

I went to the Starbucks on campus and was perusing the sweets in the case. One of my students came up behind me and said "oh, go ahead, it's ok to splurge!". I had just been talking in class about eating when you're hungry and eating exactly what you want. I answered, "Nope, this isn't what I really want." and left to buy a fruited yogurt at the convenience store.

Now that was a satisfying snack!

1 comment:

Stacey Kasendorf said...

I understand exactly what you're saying. How I handle this is to always have a healthy snack with me, either in my car or in my pocketbook. The snack is often a Weight Watchers snack, like a 1-point or 2-point bar or a Fiber One bar. Sometimes I'll bring fruit. I always get in trouble if i don't have what I need.